Wednesday, August 17, 2011

A little Lemon Verbena shake-up!


I made this fruit salad a couple weeks ago; blueberries, grapes, and apples... nothing too exciting from the fruit world.
However, I then decided to trek out to my little herb garden (it's basically out my back door, not too much of a trek) and check out what it had to offer.
It was a toss-up between my dead-from-the-heat-coming-back-to-life Mint, or my out-of-control Lemon Verbena. I thought the lemon flavoring might add an interesting kick and it did not disappoint.
The berries and grapes tasted the same, but the apples soaked up that lemon flavoring and it was such an interesting, delectable taste as you bit into each one.
If you're looking to shake things up a bit in this last bit of Summer, this is a must-try.

No comments:

Post a Comment