Monday, August 15, 2011

Good eats!

P. F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps. Photo by Bergy
P.F. Chang's Chicken Lettuce Wraps
First things first, I made these for dinner Saturday night. I made them for myself, my husband, and a friend of ours. My husband let me know right off the bat that he DID NOT like lettuce wraps from P.F. Chang's; our friend did his best to not cringe as I told him the menu.
Both men LOVED them... alright 'love' might not be the term they would choose to use to describe how they felt. That's what I was hoping for... for both of them to stand up from their seats with looks of complete satisfaction and bewilderment and actually say, "WE LOVED THEM!". What actually happened was me asking if they liked them and they both nodded and replied, "Yeah, pretty good."
And that was enough for me.
Now I, on the other hand, LOOOOOOOOOOVED them. 
They were so incredibly good I seriously had to control myself from licking the pan.
So, make them... soon!

Now, the REAL reason for this post:
These ingredients have to be some of the best matched ingredients I've ever combined.
I call these Chocolate-Infused Oatmeal Craisin Goodness, because that is literally, exactly what they are.
8 Ounces of softened Butter
1 1/4 Cups of Brown Sugar
3/4 Cup of Sugar
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
2 Large Eggs
1 1/2 Cups of Flour
1/2 Teaspoon of Baking Powder
1/2 Teaspoon of Salt
3 Cups of Oats
1/2 Cup to 1 Cup of Craisins
12 Ounces of Chocolate Discs* (at least 60% cacao content)

Set oven to 350.
Beat butter, sugars, and vanilla on medium speed until creamy; add eggs and continue beating until light and fluffy. Mix in flour, baking powder, and salt until thoroughly mixed. Mix in oats and Craisins. Stir in  chocolate discs.
Roll into balls and flatten slightly onto a baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes.** Now I would let these cool slightly, just so your mouth isn't burned by the goodness that is about to overtake it.  I want you to have the best first impression possible.

*If you're unable to find chocolate discs at your local grocery store, check your nearest health food store.
**I always bake these until the middle is just slightly underdone.

So, there you are. Enjoy this goodness. Share this goodness!!!


2 comments:

  1. YUMMY! "She Laughs" is probably the best POSSIBLE blog name for you, friend :) Can't wait for more!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found you! ohhh, yes I did. Um, these look awesome. Seriously. I'll consider driving to Wichita just for dinner at your house.

    P.S. I saw the chairs from Saturday's post on the front porch this weekend...and when I saw them, I thought, "ohhhh...I love those chairs...so much." I just didn't get around to voicing that to you.

    Love you! Can't wait for more from this perfectly-named blog of yours!

    ReplyDelete